Saturday, March 1, 2008

My Life---an autobiography

“Why are you wasting time on me!! Tomorrow there will be better friends than me, better appreciator of your beauty and your virtues. Why the world should waste time on me!”-Anonymous

[This is MY story. So abandon hope all who reads this]

(What you read on the following pages is true to my personal knowledge, but I can furnish no proof for most of them. So it is advisable to either take everything at face value or consider it as chin-wagging of a crazy person and give no more importance than that)

BOOK I

CHAPTER I

4th July, 1987. It was the 211th independence day of USA. I am not a US citizen, then why do I care to remember the day! Only because on this unfortunate day Mother Earth was forced to bear the weight of a child, who is know writing this brain-teaser. It was a very sad day. The sky was gloomy & it was raining cats-and-dogs. Suddenly at 4.08 p.m., between the celebrations in a continent, I was born. It was also a celebration day in India. It was between “Rath and Ultarath”, perhaps that is why I am half-mad. If I was born on “Ultarath”, I would be born full-mad.

My father was a pharmacist of BSF. He got a govt. job in East Pakistan at the age of 18. My grandfather was a famous doctor of his village in Barishal, yet his degree was equivalent to today’s MBBS appeared. They have to leave everything behind to move to India as refugees. They came in several groups. My grandfather’s middle son came first, and then came my father. Their elder brother never came and continues to live there. They were the people who are known as 71’s refugees. Both brothers established themselves here & got sarkari jobs.

On the other hand, my mother’s family was 47’s refugees. They were from Dhaka town. My mother’s grandfather was a freedom-fighter. Mainly to escape arrest he came to Calcutta, where his family followed him after independence & lived in much poverty until situation improved.

So, I am a son of an immigrant and refugee family. These families have something very common between them; they all know they have neither the financial capability nor the social status to help their wards to establish. So they lay great emphasis on education. Normally these people are very gentle & law-abiding, perhaps not to outrage the country which helped them.

These people, who are called “Bangal”, have a tremendous competition with “Ghati”, who are the original residents of West Bengal.

4 comments:

lost soul said...

well started pal..try to keep the energy to carry on ...we r waiting something interesting to see about a half-mood man..

Debankar said...

this guy inspires me a lot. despite all odds he has come out with flying colours getting a job in his 1st attempt! he's a genius of sorts! he's a typical geek! :D i would love to hear more from you boy! this is just d beginning of a gr8 story of ur life... eagerly waiting for more... i was hoping there would be more in this post...

Unknown said...

shob valo jar shesh valo.............

....interesting starting........

...............dekhi kane sruto galpo ta porte kemn lage.......

galpo shobe shuru ekhn...

............aro ache baki.

gacher dale nil pakhita...

..........krche daka daki.

poulomi said...

am awaiting da succeding chapters..best of luck!!