Sunday, March 16, 2008

An Outing-Part I

It was a hot day. I was sitting in the college, idly as usual, when “THE” idea struck me. As the creative person I am, the idea still seemed like a 440 volt one.

I am going to bunk college.

Now, even the historically challenged readers can also point it out that colleges are being bunked right through its conception. So, what is so special about the idea?

Well, I can just say that I decided to bunk, now I have to find the reasons too. Life is not at all easy!!!

I tried to think some and these jewels came out!!

  1. I have not done anything useful in the first few classes and probably will not do anything useful again in the next classes also.

  1. There was not any practical class. Now, practical classes are useful for the purpose for chatting while playing the mindless game of PINBALL. It was our equivalent of coffee house (sans coffee, of course) where one can indulge in a vigorous session of adda.

[Though to be truthful, the labs are not for adda only. Some humorless, unsympathetic and curtsy less teachers think otherwise and makes it such a place where one cannot play PINBALL]

  1. There were only 17 students present. If I leave, I may influence some others to leave also. That will decrease the population (of class, not India) and may encourage the college to suspend classes.

In fact, this last reason seemed brilliant to me. I congratulated myself for my logical and most brilliant thinking. I was tempted to point these out to anyone who was even remotely interested (there was none) but spied the teacher coming towards our class. So, I had to stop patting my own back and grabbed my bag, got out of the class back door, through the back corridor, by the back staircase and then the back door of the building and finally through the back gate of campus, I emerged on the road. My journey has started.

1 comment:

Debankar said...

quite a good attempt to write a humourous post. a pat on ur back 4m me dude! good job! college classes are meant 2 b bunked! :) but these days we're simply tired of bunking classes, so we attend classes 4 a change & entertain ourselves there. another reason 4 attending classes may b coz we're leaving clg in a few more weeks :( really feeling bad about it ... waiting patiently 4 another post ...